Among all the myriad ways of making money online, filling out online surveys is one of the easiest. Businesses need feedback from customers to tweak their products and get them ready for the market. Hence, there’s a significant demand for valuable input from these surveys, which companies and businesses are willing to pay for.
Taking surveys online is an excellent way to earn some money in your spare time if you have an internet connection. However, the internet is filled with adverts from thousands of survey sites, all claiming to pay you good money for clicking around their website. However, many of them simply waste your time or just want to collect your information. We want you to be informed so we decided to write this survey junkie review. Let’s get on it!
What is Survey Junkie
Survey junkie is as legit as it gets. It’s a reputable survey platform that rewards members with cash or e-gift cards for taking part in online surveys. Survey Junkie is one of the oldest and most popular online survey sites with over 3 million users.
Established in 2010 in Glendale, California, by Blue Media Ventures, Survey Junkie started out as a resource site for people who needed information on how to complete surveys for other more established survey sites. Since then, Survey Junkie has grown to an independent online survey and research company.
Survey Junkie is a confirmed source of quick, extra, online income. You’ll get paid for your opinions on a wide range of products and services. Survey junkie connects users and businesses in a mutually beneficial relationship. As an end-user, you complete online surveys and get paid for your labor with cash and gift cards. The company, in turn, uses your responses to redesign its products or services.
How Survey Junkie Works
To get started with Survey Junkie, you first create a profile. This will only take a few minutes. You’ll then complete a questionnaire on your personal details and that of your household. Survey Junkie will use this information to know the types of surveys to send your way.
After completing this step, you start getting emails with links to surveys you qualify for. Or you can simply log in straight to your account and access the surveys there. You’ll earn points after completing each survey.
How Much Can You Make on Survey Junkie?
The short answer to this? Not enough to quit your day job and go hiking in the Appalachian mountains.
As they stated truthfully on the website, “You Will Not Get Rich,” which is what most survey sites will never tell you. Each survey has a different payout. The longer and more detailed surveys you complete, the more you’ll get paid for them. On average, you’ll earn $1 to $3 for each survey. This is about the same as other survey sites.
The money you can make with Survey Junkie depends on some different factors. Top of which is how many surveys you get invited to. And that is a complaint common with most survey sites, Survey Junkie inclusive – not getting enough surveys. That said, each user is different and will get invited to varying surveys with varying degrees of frequency.
Users may get invited to 2 or 3 surveys in a week. However, this is at the high end. Most will likely have to contend with only one invite a week. So assuming you get an invite per week, and the survey pays you $3, it then means you are getting a big fat $12 at the end of the month. While this amount may not impress your mother and her friends, you only spent probably 20 minutes cumulatively to earn that amount.
How Survey Junkie Pays Their Members
Rather than give out cash after a completed survey like most other online survey sites, Survey Junkie gives out points.
Whenever you complete a survey, you earn a certain number of points ranging from 20 to 200. There’s no waiting period to get paid: you’ll see your points in your account the instant you complete the survey. If you want to see the fruits of your labor quickly, then Survey Junkie is the right survey platform for you. Other survey sites could keep you waiting for up to 24 hours after completing your survey to pay you.
You have the option of converting your hard-earned points to gift cards or cash, which can be transferred to your PayPal account. You can also initiate a direct bank payment through Dwolla. This option is only available to US members. You supply your US bank account number and routing number, and the money will be transferred to you. It takes about 3-4 business days to conclude the funds’ transfer. The minimum number of points you must have to get a payout is 1,000 points, which convert to $10.
Your points remain active so long as you use your account. Let’s say you take a survey after every 12 months, the points will continue to accrue till they reach the minimum balance required to cash out. That is not the case with some other sites. Their points typically expire after some time.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Survey Junkie:
- Free membership: Survey Junkie is totally free to join, unlike other survey sites.
- Easy to Use: Survey Junkie is easy to use with a clean and straightforward interface. You don’t need any experience or be particularly tech-savvy to create a profile and get started.
- Transparency: there are no processing fees whatsoever. Also, you don’t pay any hidden charges to maintain the account or get your payout.
- PayPal payouts: Survey Junkie allows you to collect your payouts in the form of points through PayPal. This is easily the quickest and most straightforward way to convert your points to cash. Other survey sites will pay for your surveys with gift cards or a physical check.
- Honesty: with Survey Junkie, you’ll know what to expect moneywise. It’s clearly stated on their home page,” you will not get rich by taking surveys.” So you won’t be frustrated by unrealized expectations.
- Low Minimum payout: Survey Junkie has a low minimum amount requirement relative to other survey sites. Here, once you get up to $10 worth of points, you can get paid. Users on some other platform will have to gather up to $20 worth of points before they can cash out.
- Multiple redemption options: to redeem your rewards, you can choose to get it to cash through Paypal, in the form of e-gifts, or by direct transfer (US members only) to your bank account with Dwolla.
- Instant payouts: Survey Junkie will credit your account as soon as you complete a survey. And once you get up to 1,000 points, your rewards are instantly transferred to you. Whether you chose PayPal, or e-gifts, or bank transfer, you won’t have to wait for your rewards.
- Random account closure: There have been complaints of arbitrary closure of users’ accounts. The worst part was that they never received any warning nor reason for the closure. They just tried to log in at some point and couldn’t. While it’s not common, it’s something you should bear in mind before signing up with Survey Junkie.
- Uncredited payouts: user’s also complained of not getting the payouts they requested for in their PayPal or gift cards. Some of these issues were resolved and the users got their money. In some other cases, they never received their due rewards.
- Wrong surveys: Survey Junkie sometimes sends the wrong invites to users that are not qualified for the surveys. When such a mismatch happens, and you proceed with the survey, you will be disqualified along the way since you may not be able to answer the basic questions correctly. You won’t get paid for such incidences after wasting your time.
- Limited availability: Survey Junkie is only available for people living in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand. You won’t be accepted as a member of Survey Junkie if you don’t live in any of those countries.
Is it really worth your time and energy to join Survey Junkie? Survey sites are an excellent way to make some extra cash in your spare time without having to put in long hours of work. If you can spare a few minutes to give your honest opinions on Survey Junkie and get paid for it, then why not?
Businesses rely heavily on feedback from their customers to find out their preferences and other detailed information. They will apply this data to designing products and services optimized to solve problems prevalent with their target audience. It saves them time, effort, and resources since it prevents them from investing in a product that won’t sell.
Paid online surveys are used by these companies through sites like survey Junkie to provide invaluable data for them. These companies value consumers’ opinions and are willing to pay top dollar for it.
If you love to air your opinions on things and want to have some input in making progressive changes, then why not get paid for it? Survey Junkie is an excellent choice to get paid for voicing your opinions.
Survey Junkie is a reliable and trusted platform that connects you to brands and get your opinions across to them while rewarding you with cash and e-gifts. Although it will never make you rich, there’s nothing wrong with making some legit and easy money by the side.
While you are at it, you can also sign up with other survey sites in addition to Survey Junkie. Being a member of several survey sites increases the number of surveys you’ll take and therefore increases the potential income you can make from them.